In solemn remembrance, today (27 july) marks the anniversary of the passing of Dr A P J Abdul Kalam, a man who left an indelible imprint on the hearts of millions. Dr. Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, fondly known as the “Missile Man” and the “People’s President.” Dr. Kalam’s life and legacy continue to inspire millions around the world. His contributions to science, education, and the upliftment of society remain etched in the hearts of people of all ages. As we reflect on his remarkable journey, let us also cherish some of his memorable quotes that continue to guide and motivate generations.
Table of Contents
The Visionary Leader
Born on October 15, 1931, in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, Dr. Kalam emerged from humble beginnings to become one of India’s most iconic scientists and statesmen. He played a pivotal role in the development of India’s space and defense capabilities, earning him the title “Missile Man of India.” Serving as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007, Dr. Kalam’s presidency was marked by his unwavering commitment to youth empowerment, education, and national development.
Inspirational Quotes By Dr A P J Abdul Kalam
Throughout his life, Dr. Kalam shared his wisdom through numerous inspirational quotes that continue to ignite the spark of motivation in people worldwide. Here are some of his most memorable quotes:
- “Dream, dream, dream. Dreams transform into thoughts, and thoughts result in action.”
- “You have to dream before your dreams can come true.”
- “Don’t take rest after your first victory because if you fail in the second one, more lips are waiting to say that your first victory was just luck.”
- “All of us do not have equal talent. But, all of us have an equal opportunity to develop our talents.”
- “If you want to shine like a sun, first burn like a sun.”
- “Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.”
- “Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy the success.”
- “Learning gives creativity. Creativity leads to thinking. Thinking provides knowledge. Knowledge makes you great.”
- “Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.”
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.”
Legacy and Contributions
Dr. Kalam’s legacy goes beyond his scientific achievements and extends into his commitment to nurturing young minds. He firmly believed that the youth of a nation held the key to its progress and prosperity. He actively engaged with students and encouraged them to dream big and work hard to achieve their goals.
As an author, Dr. Kalam penned several books, including “Wings of Fire,” an autobiography that narrates his early life, work at the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO), and his vision for India’s future. This book, along with others like “Ignited Minds” and “India 2020,” continues to inspire millions.
As we observe the death anniversary of Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, we are reminded of the extraordinary life he lived and the positive impact he had on countless lives. His vision, determination, and dedication to the nation serve as a beacon of hope for generations to come. Let us honor his memory by upholding the values he stood for – hard work, perseverance, and a relentless pursuit of knowledge. As we remember the “People’s President,” let us strive to carry forward his legacy by working towards a prosperous and inclusive India, just as he dreamt and envisioned.